Advanced Foot and Ankle Nerve Pain Specialists
Your feet and ankles contain a large cluster of nerves, and these nerves can become damaged for a variety of reasons, from diabetes to direct trauma. This damage can lead to nerve pain, which can be extremely debilitating. It's important to seek quality care for your nerve pain, as it can often be a chronic condition. There are many treatment options available, and an experienced physician can help you find the one that's right for you.
At Northern Illinois Foot & Ankle Specialists, our team of foot nerve pain doctors are proud to provide treatment for a wide variety of conditions that compromise the nerves in the feet. As the second largest foot and ankle practice in Illinois, our physicians are highly trained in the most advanced procedures and technology, and we’re passionate about providing long-term, minimally-invasive relief.
Northern Illinois Foot & Ankle Specialists is now accepting walk-in appointments, and we proudly accept most major insurance providers. If you’re ready to receive tarsal tunnel treatment, neuropathy treatment, and more from the top foot and ankle specialists in the Chicago area, reach out and get started with us today.
Expert Neuropathy & Tarsal Tunnel Specialist | Chicago, IL
Common Types & Symptoms of Nerve Pain in the Foot
Nerve pain can occur in the ankles and feet for a variety of reasons, but all of them stem from damage or compression of the nerves in those areas. We treat a wide variety of nerve conditions at Northern Illinois Foot & Ankle, including:
- Neuropathy: A common condition that refers to damage to the nerves, usually caused by diabetes. Symptoms include numbness, tingling, and pain. Neuropathy can affect any area of the body, but the feet and ankles are especially susceptible because of the large number of nerves in those areas.
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome: A condition caused by compression of the tibial nerve in the ankle. Symptoms include pain, numbness, and tingling in the foot and ankle. Tarsal tunnel syndrome often occurs as a result of overuse injuries or other conditions that cause inflammation in the ankle, such as arthritis.
- Neuroma: A growth of nerve tissue that develops in response to injury or compression of the nerves. Neuroma on the foot is the most common type of neuroma, and can cause pain, numbness, and tingling.
At Northern Illinois Foot & Ankle Specialists, we offer a variety of treatment options for nerve pain, depending on the underlying cause. If you are experiencing nerve pain in your feet or ankles, please call our office to schedule an appointment with one of our specialists. We will work with you to develop a treatment plan that is tailored to your specific needs.
Treatment for Outer Ankle Nerve Pain & More | Chicago
How to Treat Nerve Pain in Foot & Ankle: Cutting-Edge Therapies
If you suffer from nerve pain in your feet or ankles, you know how debilitating it can be. Even the simplest activities can become excruciating, and the constant pain can make it difficult to get through the day. You may feel like you’ve tried everything to find relief, but at Northern Illinois Foot & Ankle Specialists, we offer cutting-edge therapies that can provide the relief you need.
We offer a wide range of treatments for nerve pain, including:
- Sclerosing Injections: A treatment for neuropathy in feet, sclerosing injections can help to reduce the pain and other symptoms associated with nerve damage. The injection contains a medication that is designed to “seal” the damaged nerve, which can provide significant relief from neuropathy foot pain.
- Conservative Care Options: For nerve pain that is not caused by a serious underlying condition, we may recommend conservative care options such as rest, ice, and anti-inflammatory medication. These common tarsal tunnel treatments can help to reduce the inflammation and pain associated with nerve pain.
If you're struggling with a nerve condition of the foot, contact the experts at Northern Illinois Foot & Ankle Specialists. We offer a variety of treatment options that can provide relief from your symptoms. Reach out to us today to schedule an appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some of the more advanced therapies you provide for nerve pain?
At Northern Illinois Foot & Ankle, we’re passionate about utilizing the latest techniques and technology to offer our patients the best outcomes possible following their treatment plan. To learn more about the more advanced treatments we provide for nerve conditions of the foot, visit our page.
What could possibly cause nerve pain in the bottom of feet?
Most nerve damage in the feet or the ankles stems from an underlying condition. The most common underlying cause is diabetes, which can damage the nerves over time. Other causes include injury, infection, and certain medical conditions like alcoholism and kidney disease. At Northern Illinois Foot & Ankle, we can help counsel you on how any underlying conditions you’re struggling with may be affecting the health of your feet, and offer guidance in making lifestyle changes to improve your foot health.
Do you accept insurance for treating nerve conditions?
Yes! Northern Illinois Foot & Ankle Specialists is proud to accept insurance from a wide range of providers across the Midwest, including Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, and more. You can find our list of accepted providers on our page, and if you don’t see your provider listed, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our friendly and knowledgeable staff to discuss your options.
How can I get started with the best foot pain specialist near me?
At Northern Illinois Foot & Ankle Specialists, we strive to make it as simple as possible to find the relief you deserve. Just use our to select a time that works for you. We’re also accepting walk-in appointments, so feel free to visit one of our convenient near you.