Podiatric Surgery & Heel Pain Treatment | Illinois
Many people struggle with heel pain, and it can come from a wide variety of sources, from something as simple as wearing the wrong shoes to a more complicated medical condition. That's why it's essential to visit a highly-trained, experienced podiatrist who can help diagnose the source of your heel pain and provide the best possible treatment.
At Northern Illinois Foot & Ankle Specialists, our team of board-certified podiatrists are proud to provide accurate diagnoses and chronic heel pain treatment to patients across Illinois and beyond. As the second largest foot and ankle practice in Illinois, our physicians are highly trained in the most advanced procedures and technology in the field of podiatry, and we’re passionate about providing the most long-term, minimally-invasive relief possible.
Northern Illinois Foot & Ankle Specialists is now accepting walk-in appointments, and we proudly accept most major insurance providers. If you’re ready to receive foot pain treatment from the top podiatrist near you, reach out and get started with us today.
Comprehensive Foot Doctor Near Me | Chicago
Common Types and Causes of Heel Pain
Heel pain is more than just a minor inconvenience. For many people, it can be a chronic problem that significantly impacts their quality of life. If you're dealing with heel pain, understanding its causes is the first step toward finding relief.
There are a number of different conditions that can cause heel pain. Two of the most common causes we see at Northern Illinois Foot & Ankle Specialists include:
- Plantar fasciitis: This is one of the most common causes of heel pain. Plantar fasciitis occurs when the plantar fascia, the band of tissue that runs along the bottom of your foot from your heel to your toes, becomes inflamed. This condition is often caused by overuse, such as from too much walking or running.
- Haglund's deformity: This condition is also known as "pump bump" because it's often caused by wearing high heels or other ill-fitting shoes. Haglund's deformity is a bony enlargement on the back of the heel that can rub against your shoes, causing irritation and pain.
If you're experiencing symptoms of either of these conditions, or if your heel pain is severe or persistent, it's important to see a highly experienced podiatrist for an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.
Treatment for Heel Spur Symptoms & More | Chicago, IL
Comprehensive Treatment Plans for Heel Pain
Fortunately, there are a number of effective treatments available for heel pain. The best course of action for you will depend on the underlying cause of your symptoms. At Northern Illinois Foot & Ankle Specialists, we create comprehensive treatment plans that may include:
- Laser Therapy: This cutting-edge treatment uses laser energy to reduce inflammation and pain. These lasers are derived from natural light sources, so they're safe and effective, and their use has been cleared by the FDA.
- Custom Orthotics: Custom orthotics are shoe inserts that are designed to correct any biomechanical issues that may be contributing to your heel pain. We use state-of-the-art technology to create orthotics that are specifically tailored to your individual needs.
If you need relief from heel pain, the team at Northern Illinois Foot & Ankle Specialists can help. We offer comprehensive diagnosis and treatment for a wide range of heel pain conditions. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find short-term relief from heel pain?
If your foot is in non-emergent pain and you’re looking for short-term relief before you visit the doctor, it’s best to try the RICE method:
- Rest the affected area
- Ice the affected area
- Compress the affected muscle
- Elevate the affected limb
If you’re in extreme pain or have experienced a serious injury, emergency walk-in care is available through Northern Illinois Foot & Ankle, and you should seek treatment as soon as possible.
What are some of the other advanced therapies you provide for heel pain?
At Northern Illinois Foot & Ankle, we’re passionate about utilizing the latest techniques and technology to offer our patients the best outcomes possible following their treatment plan. To learn more about the more advanced treatments we provide for conditions that cause heel pain, visit our page.
Do you accept insurance for treating plantar fasciitis and more?
Yes! Northern Illinois Foot & Ankle Specialists is proud to accept insurance from a wide range of providers across the Midwest, including Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, and more. You can find our list of accepted providers on our page, and if you don’t see your provider listed, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our friendly and knowledgeable staff to discuss your options.
How can I get started with the best foot surgeon near me?
At Northern Illinois Foot & Ankle Specialists, we strive to make it as simple as possible to find the relief you deserve. Just use our to select a time that works for you. We’re also accepting walk-in appointments, so feel free to visit one of our convenient near you.